Monday 7 January 2008

Big Resolution Small Goals

First and second week of January is going to be the 'Happy New Year!' and 'What is your resolution for the year' topic kind of conversation. It is the easiest ice-breaker and a natural reason to call up a friend.

It really makes no difference to me. Another year is a another day. But of course like any other residence of an urban society, I do get the wrapped up in the resolution excitement. Just so that I don't miss out. Duh.

Does resolution really work? Too much of it, leave you exhausted and too little of it leaves you under achieving yourself.

My strategy is to set 1 goal at a time and when I achieved that goal, I set another. It is not a big goal like "I am going to make a million dollars this year" or "I am going to get myself to size 6". Not that I am saying it is unachievable. It can be done. Only after the little goals. It is a continuous goal setting. Climbing a mountain begins with a step (cliche)

Working the good habits is my small goal for now.

Happy New Year!
or
Happy New Day!










Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: