Tuesday 26 June 2007

In Search of Happiness

I happened to stumble upon BBC's six part series called Happiness Formula last weekend. The series was about the science of happiness. Research has found that happy people is more healthy and live longer. The show has already discuss, researched and experiment on why people are unhappy.

What would make me happy?

1. Seeing the glass half full - Gratitude of what I have achieved so far. Financially and maturity.
2. I compete with myself - I am better today than yesterday. I look forward to be even better tomorrow.
3. Friendship and connection - Everyday I am surrounded by people whom I can interact and have silly conversations.

Another method of how to feel happy and better instantly is by looking around and look for something that catches your eye and start to describe the item for 1 minute of why you like the item. This I learn from Elaine Grundy at XL Momentum night.

How do I serve to Happiness?

I make time to call up, email or
sms a friend and ask how they are. Allowing them to share with me their feelings. Being the listening ear. I am happy just to share with them that I am there and I care.


No comments: