Sunday 9 September 2007

First Run



My first run finally came and it was good achievement for me. As one of the success mantra says, the first step to success is showing up! I was there at 6.15am and there were already lots of ladies already there, geared up and ready to go. I did not have high expectations for the run. I wanted to finish it.

The flag-off was 7.30am and the 5km run started 5 mins after. I completed my 5km in about 40mins as shown on the timer's board as I ran in.

Not bad for a first timer and for someone who have not been running. The last time I ran 2.4km for my secondary school fitness test was 18mins so, 15years later, 40mins for 5km, I am pretty damn proud!

My running companion
I had my mp3 with me and I thought it would be nice to finish with George Michael's (6min) Freedom on my last stretch. Instead, my finished run was with Creed on Higher. Pat Benator's All Fired Up and Elvis Presly's A Little Less Conversation were among those who accompanied my run.

The Freebies
Apart from running with other ladies, for this run, it is the goodies bag. I have lots of trials and vouchers. I am listing them here. If you like them, let me know. I am giving them away. First come first get.

1. Free Dance Class by The Dance Floor at SAFRA Mount Faber valid 30Nov 2007
2. $5 Clinelle Professional Care Voucher valid till 31st December 2007
3. Gift Voucher ($68) by CitiSpa valid till 30 November 2007
4. 7 Day Pass by True Yoga valid till 31 October 2007
5. 1 Complimentary Yoga Pass by True Yoga till 31 October 2007
6. Buy 1 Get 1 Free by FreshKon Alluring Eyes valid till 7 October 2007
7. 1 Complimentary Yoga class by Pure Yoga valid till 30 September 2007
8. $200 Slimming Treatment Voucher by Marie France Bodyline valid till up to merchant
9. Guest Pass Complimentary 10 day visit by Fitness Werkz valid till 30 October 2007
10. Complimentary VIP 5 Day Membership by Fitness First valid till up to merchant

Personal Achivement
Participate in a mass run CHECKED!

I loved it. I would definately want to participate more. With the right pair of shoes and a timer watch would be sweet. :-)

No comments: