Tuesday 4 September 2007

SHAPE Run 07 Jitters



Counting down to SHAPE Run '07 - 4 days.

My stomach is turning inside out just thinking of it. Firstly, I was determined to make this marathon my first marathon and secondly, I had planned to train and keep fit for the last 3 months.

The fear and jitters started when 3 months became 4 days and I still have not had proper training. I did some jogging for 2km in the beginning of my enthusiasts but that stopped about 1 month ago. I asked questions on Yahoo! Answers and had some good answers from the patrons there. Some of the advise was, to take it as a fun run. There will be people at the back of the pack who would be making it a cool Saturday morning walk.

The SHAPE Run '07 was my choice for my inaugural marathon because SHAPE magazine is a fantastic read and I also heard of the goodies bag that comes with the sign-up. Just to play safe, I am only running for 5km. I wonder if 5km is from Orchard Road Station to City Hall? If the run is along the shopping malls stretch, I am sure it is going to be a breeze for me.

Other than that, I am prepared to enjoy the morning jog.



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: