Wednesday 26 September 2007

Respecting Email Subjects

Whether you are forwarding jokes or forwarding work related emails to your collegues, it is always a good practice to retype the subject on the email so that the person who receive the email would be able to look or sort the email based on subject matter and would not be lost in the list to FW:...

Any forwarding emails without any descriptive of what action to be taken would rank as low priority for me. I don't have the time to read the long chains of conversational emails "bottom upwards" that has been sent back and forth. Worse is when the forwarding email comes as an attachment.

If the sender has no time to re-compose the email personalizing to me, then the email would not get my attention. I am sometimes surprised that people you work with take you for granted and expect that the emails be read.

I may sound like a mini Diva here. But that is the truth. The next time you forward an email, take the time to type in something on top of it and the least describe what you are forwarding.



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: